Register HERE to join Arise Ministries Collective and women from around Clark County for Shine, an interchurch conference that explores what it looks like to reflect biblical, Christ-centered faith. Participants will enjoy food, fellowship, worship, teaching and interactive workshops from local teachers. In an effort to keep this event small and intimate, please register early as capacity is limited and closes on September 24th. Learn more and see pictures on our IG account. We look forward to seeing you!
WHO: Women (13 and older)
WHAT: SHINE – A two-day women’s conference
WHEN: Friday, October 13 (6-9 pm) & Saturday, October 14 (9 am-3 pm)
WHERE: Vancouver Church
COST: $50 – Includes workshops, main teaching sessions, worship, all materials, light charcuterie and dessert on Friday, full lunch on Saturday, and refreshments throughout the conference
You will be asked to select your top five choices from the following workshops at the time of registration. While we will try to accommodate preferences, allocation will be determined by order of registration and workshop capacity. Participants will attend three workshops at the event:
- Bible Study Basics: Principles and Practice for Enjoying God’s Word with Eryn Kesler
- More than Music: What the Bible Says About Worship with Ashley Ainley
- Give the Gospel: What is the Gospel and How Do I Share It? with Vicky Dillon
- Praying With Purpose: What the Bible Says About Intercession and What That Means For Me with Kirsten Galanter
- Healing House: Rebuilding and Redeeming After Separation or Divorce with Amy Oliver
- Scripture Meditation: Practicing the Discipline of Making Space to Listen and Respond with Sarah Bulkley
- Intentional Discipleship: Principles and Practices to Help Others Grow in Faith Through Every Season with Angie Forrester and Janell Sorensen
- Leaning Into Lament: Embracing the Presence of a Trauma-Informed God with Marnee Alfson and Alyssa Zimmerman
- Created to Connect: Reflecting Christ Through Intentional Communication with Rachel Florip
- The Sabbath Gift: Principles and Practices to Ensure a Weekly Day of Rest with Abby Conger
- Total Recall: How to Memorize Scripture and Why It’s Important with Jenae Rodgers
- Working Women: Principles and Practices to be an Authentic Light in the Places We Work with Meg Byrtek
- Called to Action: Walking in Obedience to God and Living Boldly in His Calling with Becky Hurley
MAIN SESSION SPEAKERS
Brenna Blain is a wife, mom and contemporary theologian from the PNW. While she speaks to and writes on many topics, Brenna is most passionate about God’s involvement in our pain and personal struggles including mental illness, same sex attraction and abuse. You can connect with her on IG @bunonmyhead.
Lindsey Ponder is a teacher and author passionate about understanding the Bible in its original context so that we can glean its wisdom for our own. A producer at BibleProject, Lindsey manages the organization’s internationally acclaimed podcast. She is currently pursuing a Masters of Hebrew Bible at Multnomah University.
Becca Alexander Pickrel is a worship pastor, musician, and a born and raised Portlander. She fell in love with Jesus through singing and believes music has the power to bridge any gap. She is passionate about leading people into the presence of God and drawing them closer to Christ. Becca is a runner, has two children, and loves to lead worship alongside her husband Ryan.
Please note that the main sessions will begin promptly at their scheduled times. Plan to arrive early enough to park, check-in, and take advantage of opportunities for fellowship and/or prayer if desired.
Friday, October 13, 2023
- 5:00 pm Check-In | Light charcuterie and refreshments available
- 6:00 pm Main Session | Worship & teaching (Lindsey Ponder)
- 7:30 pm Workshop Session A
- 8:40 pm Closing | Followed by dessert & fellowship
Saturday, October 14, 2023
- 8:15 am Doors Open / Prayer Opportunity | Light refreshments
- 9:00 am Welcome / Prayer / Worship
- 10:00 am Workshop Session B
- 11:00 am Lunch / Fellowship
- 12:15 pm Workshop Session C
- 1:30 pm Main Session | Worship & teaching (Brenna Blain)
- 3:00 pm Closing & Exhortation | Prayer opportunity
* While we understand that life happens and plans change, materials and food have been pre-purchased based on your confirmed registration. We cannot process refunds of any kind, for any reason.
* Our team is working hard to accommodate workshop preferences and want you to have the best experience possible at the conference. That said, we cannot guarantee workshops and simply do not have the capacity to reassign participants. Please take this into consideration at the time of registration.
* As volunteers trying to create an amazing event at a reasonable price, we must strictly adhere to our registration closing date of Sunday, September 24. We will not process registrations after this date or onsite at the event.